Remote Learning Plan
We are confident that the Covid secure measures put in place have ensured that all children and staff have had a safe and comfortable return to school in September. However, if we find ourselves in a situation where one or more classes are forced to return to remote learning, we have contingency plans in place. In this circumstance we will liaise with and take advice from Public Health England to ensure that we are compliant.
We will communicate with parents through Teachers2Parents text messaging and the School website if this occurs.
If a small number of children are isolating (those who are awaiting a test/ results or have been asked to self isolate via test and trace)
- Letter sent detailing Oak Academy learning
- Google Classroom messaging set up for the pupil to communicate with their class teacher
If a whole year group (or groups) are told to isolate:
- Work will be set by individual class teachers and placed in Class Google Classroom. Work will be set in line with the curriculum and may be a live lesson or tasks set.
- Children should log into Google Classroom and access work or live lessons. They will need to use their school login.
- Work set will take a variety of forms such as PowerPoints (voiced or standalone), worksheets, videos and accompanying tasks, research based work or through a learning platform that are familiar with using, e.g. phonics play
Where children do not have access to ICT, please contact us via the class teacher or on 0114 2554919 and we can arrange for work to be printed and posted home.
Google Classroom Help
Click on the logo below for a guide for parents all about Google Classroom.
Here's a few help videos for Google Classroom:
SCSP Woodseats School Remote Learning Strategy - January 2021
SCSP Woodseats Remote Education Strategy - January 2021
Catch up funding report - January 2021
More information and advice regarding Covid can be found on our Covid information page by clicking the picture below: