Woodseats Primary school has a mandatory dress code. It consists of the following:
- Navy blue top with logo (sweatshirt, cardigan, fleece, zipped hoody)
- Navy blue or white polo shirt with logo (if this item of clothing is on the top
- Plain black, grey or dark blue lower half (e.g. trousers, shorts, skirt, pinafore, leggings, tights)
- In winter: plain navy or white polo shirts may be worn with school sweatshirt on top
- In summer: girls may wear blue and white 'school' summer dresses,
- Shoes should be plain, dark coloured, flat or low heeled, no stripes or logos.
P.E. Kit: This should be kept in a slipper bag with a drawstring. It consists of a white t-shirt, black shorts and plimsolls. Juniors may wear trainers kept at school solely for outdoor P.E. Whenever possible, children will have P.E. lessons outside and may, at certain times of the year, need extra clothing, such as a sweatshirt or tracksuit bottoms.
Parents should ensure that all items are clearly marked with their child's name. The topmost garment must incorporate the school logo.
We have a strict no jewellery policy at all times, except for a wrist watch worn at the wrist and/or very small plain stud earrings (which will have to be taken out during PE lessons). This is in line with all the schools in the Meadowhead Trust. If you wish to have your child's ears pierced, please do so during the summer holidays so that jewellery can be removed during PE before your child comes back to school in September. Children should also have no nail varnish or hair colour whilst in school.
Children are allowed to wear very small plain stud earrings in school. As there will still be a safety risk during PE, children will be requested to take them out for the duration of each PE lesson. If it is the 6 week period after piercing, they will need to have the earring covered. Health and safety is important to us and therefore if children attend school in any other type of earring they will be requested to take them out.
Lunch bags: Packed lunches need to be in a suitable packed lunch box or bag, small enough to fit on the lunch trolleys. These will also need to have the child's name on.
Water bottles: Please send your child to school with a refillable water bottle each day. Water is available in school for your child to refill their bottle during the day.
Wet weather or snow: Parents are asked to ensure that children wear wellingtons or sturdy boots in snow. If wellingtons or boots are worn, children should change into alternative footwear (e.g. plimsolls) during the day.
Hot weather: We strongly suggest that children bring hats in very hot weather for playtimes. However, hats should not be worn inside school at any time of year.
School Book bags cost £3.60 and can be collected from the school office after payment has been received through ParentPay.
School uniform items can be purchased from Logo Leisurewear. Click on the link below for the Logo Leisurewear online ordering page.
Logo Leisurewear encourage the use of online ordering where possible.
The benefits to the customer are:
- Faster process, with immediate stock allocation for the order.
- Card details are on a secure server.
- Can log in to see your order.
- Can see a record of previous orders.
- Customers can see when the order is packed and dispatched.
Tesco embroidery service is now called My Clothing. School uniform with our school logo can be obtained through www.myclothing.com. For items purchased through this website, My Clothing will donate 5% to our school.