What is happening to P.E. at Woodseats Primary School?
The Government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for the next three academic years to improve provision of PE and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary schools. The investment can only be spent on PE and sports provision in schools.
Woodseats will receive £19,050 this academic year (2020/21).
How will this look at Woodseats Primary School?
At Woodseats Primary we have developed an action plan to ensure this funding is invested (rather than 'spent') to maximise the long term impact on being a happy and healthy place to learn.
We have invested the funding in various ways, closely monitoring the impact of these initiatives through assessment of children's skills, staff and pupil feedback, uptake of clubs etc.
The following investment will happen because of the new funding.
- More equipment for the children to use in lesson times and after school clubs.
- Provide a greater range of clubs before, during and after school.
- Provide more spaces for children to attend an after school club either free or at a reduced rate.
- There will be more sports competitions both within school and with other schools.
- Year groups will have greater opportunities to attend festivals and competitions at secondary schools and other sporting venues.
- Purchased curriculum support from Forge Valley sports Partnership which includes the following:
- Lunchtime clubs
- Afterschool clubs
- Year 4, 5 and 6's to be trained as Young Leaders
- Coaches to work with children during curriculum time
- Support for teaching of PE
- Change for Life club
- PE coordinator to work alongside expert advisors to monitor and evaluate current PE at Woodseats
- CPD for lunchtime supervisors
- CPD for teachers
- PE action plan developed as a result of new funding and enquiry day to evaluate current practice in school.
Sports Premium Report - 2020/21 - Evidencing the impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium
Sports Premium Report - 2019/20 - Evidencing the impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium (updated January 2021)
Sports Premium Report - 2018/19 - Evidencing the impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium
Click above to go back to the main policies page