Dinner menu dates:
Week one starts: 8 Jan, 29 Jan, 19 Feb, 12 Mar, 2 Apr, 23 Apr, 14 May, 4 Jun, 25 Jun, 16 Jul, 6 Aug, 27 Aug, 17 Sept, 8 Oct.
Week two starts: 15 Jan, 5 Feb, 26 Feb, 19 Mar, 9 Apr, 30 Apr, 21 May, 11 Jun, 2 Jul, 23 Jul, 13 Aug, 3 Sept, 24 Sept, 15 Oct.
Week three starts: 22 Jan, 12 Feb, 5 Mar, 26 Mar, 16 Apr, 7 May, 28 May, 18 Jun, 9 Jul, 30 Jul, 20 Aug, 10 Sep, 1 Oct, 22 Oct.
sQuid - our online payment service
This is our preferred way of accepting payments for dinner money, milk and trips. Using a secure website called sQuid, parents are able to pay online using a credit or debit card.
An easier, more convenient way to make school payments
sQuid is an online payment system that can be used to make a variety of school payments. Parents can use sQuid to pay for school payments such as: Dinner Money top ups and payments for School Trips, etc. As we introduce sQuid, we will send you your unique registration details so that you can create a sQuid account online.
Where do I start?
sQuid is really simple. Al you need to do to get started is to create a sQuid account.
Create a sQuid account
You will receive a registration letter with your own unique 16 digit sQuid registration number and a 3 digit security code. Click here to go to the sQuid website to create your sQuid account and enter these numbers. You will then be able to top up your account and view your balance and transactions.
Login to your sQuid account
Click here to login to your sQuid account to check your balance, top up or update your personal details and preferences.
How secure is the sQuid system?
sQuid uses sophisticated fraud prevention and detection processes, and conforms to the FCA Regulatory Requirements.
How does it work?
Once you create a sQuid account, you can login, top up and check your balance online at anytime. You can also view your transactions online to check how much has been spent and when. sQuid will send you account updates and payment confirmation via email.
sQuid is the most socially inclusive system and it has the widest range of top up options available to you. You can top up by credit or debit card, or bank transfer. You can also securely store your debit or credit details for faster payments, and even set up an Auto top up system so you never run out of funds on your account.
Please click here to view the sQuid support page for parents. This page also contains step-by-step help videos.
Benefits to parents
- Online payments with the ability to store payment card details for faster payments
- Easy to use, 24/7 online customer portal
- View transaction history online
- Account updates and payment confirmation via email
- Dedicated customer service team
- No more writing cheques or sending cash to school
Download the sQuid App now
The sQuid App is free to download on iOS and Android devices and provides a quicker, more convenient way to access, manage and top up your online sQuid account.
To download the sQuid App on iOS and Android devices, please click on the appropriate download links below, or search for 'sQuidcard' on the relevant stores.
How to get started with sQuid...
When you receive your 16 digit registration number and 3 digit security code, you will then need to:
- Go to portal.squidcard.com
- Click the 'Create a customer account' link. You will then be directed through to the sQuid account registration form.
- You will need to enter your personal details, create a password and select a security question from the list provided, and enter your answer. Click on the 'Register' button to complete your registration.
- Once your sQuid account is registered, you will receive an email from sQuid containing an activation link. Click on the activation link to be brought back into the sQuid portal, where you will be asked to complete some additional details.
- Having created your sQuid account, you will be prompted to register your unique sQuid Registration Number. This is the 16 digit number shown on the front of your registration letter, together with your 3 digit security code. You'll also be able to assign an easy to remember display name on this screen. To add any additional users to your account after this initial registration process, simply go to the 'Users' page and add the user's sQuid Registration Number and 3 digit security code.
- You can add money to your account from a bank transfer or a credit or debit card. Click on the 'Top up' link at the top of the page, select your preferred payment method and follow the online instructions.
For information and support for parents, click here where you will have access to the sQuid help page.
Click here for the parent guide to activate your sQuid account.
For any sQuid queries, please contact sQuid directly at https://www.squidcard.com/support/customer-contact-us
If you prefer to pay by PayPoint, then you will need to purchase a PayPoint card to top up your child's dinner account and a separate PayPoint card to top up their trips account. For trips, you will still need to then login to your sQuid account, either through the website, or the App to then use the funds from the PayPoint top up to pay for trips, etc.
School meals for Year 3 to Year 6 cost £2.00 per day, £10.00 per week.
All school dinners must be paid for in advance. We cannot order meals without payment.
Please click here for our School Meals Debt Recovery Policy.
Due to a new Government scheme, with effect from 1st September 2014 all Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils are entitled to free school dinners. Please take this opportunity to encourage your child to stay for lunch.
We use a pre-ordering system for school dinners.
If you have a special diet request, then please contact Taylor Shaw by telephone on (0114) 2734767, who will contact Taylor Shaw’s Nutritionist. A meeting will then be arranged. Parents/Carers will be responsible for providing details of any medical dietary requirements which will include information from a GP, Dietician or relevant health professional. Diets will not be organised by Taylor Shaw without this information which demonstrates a clear medical need.
Are you entitled to Free School Meals? Please click on the following link which will show you who is entitled to free school meals and how to apply. Please note school cannot provide free meals until authorisation is received.
We have produced a leaflet called 'Help Us to Help You' which outlines who is entitled to Income Based Free School Meals and how to apply. Please click here to open a printable version of the leaflet.